It's International Waffle Day! What do you mean you didn't realise there was a Waffle Day? There's literally a day for everything now... Just wait until #eatapeachday!
If you're an AMWRAP follower you will know we love our cheat days... well in fact, we really just advocate eating a bit of what you fancy, when you fancy it! What you may not know is that as well as being a talented artist and designer, Kirsty also makes the BEST sweet treats.
Here's a simple recipe she's put together exclusively for AMWRAP on Waffle Day with a full macro profile provided.
Images L-R - Kirsty's Cherry Bakewell Waffle Stack, AMWRAP Cheat Day + Chill Design, Rachel's protein waffle basket
Kirsty's Cherry Bakewell Waffle Stack Serves 6
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond essence
- 1.5 cups milk
- 85g butter
- 2 eggs
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a pan melt the butter and add the milk until and heat until it is just above room temperature. Slowly beat in the eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Pour into your waffle maker and cook according to manufacturers instructions.
- Stack 4 quarter waffles up and top with 1tbsp Pip & Nut (@pipandnut) almond butter, 50g Fage @fage_uk fat free Greek yogurt, 1 tsp flaked almonds and 2 tbsp amarena cherries in syrup.
- 584 cals
- Protein 19g
- Carbohydrate 68g
- Fat 27g
I also had a go at making waffles... not being as proficient a baker as Kirsty, I simply made a waffle batter using Progenex (@progenex) Haute Cakes pancake mix and used my Aldi waffle basket maker to make them! I did fancy them with bacon and maple syrup but we'd eaten all the bacon at the weekend so we had them with fruit and honey instead!
If you like our Cheat Day + Chill design, we offer it on a greetings card!