Recipe: Kirsty's Vegan Cherry Coconut Crumble Bars
We love cake at AMWRAP! Our cherry crumble bars are super easy to make, dairy free and vegan, without compromising on taste or texture. We have eaten some dense vegan cakes in our time but these bars are the perfect mix of crunchy, jammy and crumbly. They are equally lovely served cold or hot with some Oatly custard - preferably with a big coffee in an AMWRAP designed mug.
- 150g porridge oats
- 180g plain flour
- 130g light brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla or almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- 175g coconut oil
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 150g cherry jam (we used St Dalfour no added sugar)
- 400g cherries (we used frozen pitted cherries – no need to defrost)
- Juice of half a lemon
- ½ tbsp cornflour
- Heat your oven to 190c or gas mark 5.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan, and then stir in all of the other crumble ingredients.
- Separate 2/3 of the mixture and press it into the bottom of a lined 20cm square baking tin.
- Bake for 10-15 mins until lightly golden.
- While the base is baking, mix together the filling ingredients.
- Spread the filling onto the baked base, and sprinkle over the remaining crumble.
- Return to the oven for 15-20 mins.
- Leave to cool before cutting into squares.
Let us know in the comments if you try the recipe and let us know what you think! Tag us in your Instagram posts @amwrapuk as we would love to see your pics.